Whether you’re looking for a colorful garden or something more demure, keep reading for our best tips on decking paints.
Decking paint is a relatively new addition to the decking treatments that have been around for a while. Decking oils and decking stains are all about preserving the natural look of wood grain, whereas decking paint is designed to create a new kind of look.
Decking paints come in a wide variety of colors and can be used on older decking that’s been neglected and on makeover projects where a full decking restoration is out of the question. They’re also great for new decking when you want an alternative to the standard look.
In addition to decking, there are a number of different types of decking paints you can choose from.
These types of decking paint can be used on:
- Car Ports
Benefits of deck paints
- Resistant to wear and tear from foot traffic, weathering, and general wear and tear. Paints often fill gaps and crack and provide a firmer finish, so they can often be used to repair wood that has been slightly damaged by weather and wear. Some types of paints are specially formulated for this purpose.
- Available in a variety of eye-catching hues. Painting gives you the freedom to use whatever colour you choose, and since paint is a solid material, you can cover up an old colour completely, giving you plenty of options.
- Easy to apply and quick drying.
- It provides long-lasting durability and colour. It is also often easier to clean, particularly if it is a high-quality paint and allowed to cure correctly before use, as it will then form a hard shell which dirt will most likely wash away.
- Paint is better at protecting wood and in general, paint is better at resisting rot, mold and sun damage than other wood products.
- A cost-effective way to revive worn-out decking.
As with any DIY project, it’s all about getting your things ready. Follow these steps to add a splash of colour to your deck.
Before painting, deck areas should be cleaned, dried and free of surface grime, grime and other surface impurities. Clear the decking of garden furniture and other debris. Remove old decking stain or old paint that has begun to peel, crack or flake using a jet washer/ decking stripper.
If there’s any mould, algae, or fungi on your deck, it’s a good idea to get rid of it with a scrubber, stiff broom, or brush to get rid of all the surface stuff. It’s also a good idea to give these areas a good clean with a mold-and-mildew cleaner to get rid of any spores that might still be in the wood. If you need to, use some wood preservative, but one that’s free of wax, oil, or silicone. Once you’re done cleaning, paint the decking with a paintbrush over the entire length of two to three boards.
Allow the first coat to dry as per the container instructions.
Apply a second coat as directed by the manufacturer.
Follow – https://homeinteriohub.com for More Updates